Sunday 24 March 2013

Le Sape!


A few months ago i came across this music video by Solange Knowles that was shot in South Africa. The video has no real concept but was inspired by the Le Sape subculture in congo also known as the Fancy Gentlemen. Anyway i found the video very interesting and played for. here's the video.


Anyway a few months after that, I had a design project for my Color Theory class at SCAD that had to do with a culture and a concept word to go with the design. I decided to base my culture on the Le Sape subculture. My concept word was sophisticated. The goal of the project was to design shapes over an image based on your culture and concept word. Each shape had a different color scheme and system. (we basically had to apply all that stuff about color theory) Anyway, this is what my final piece ended up looking like.


Painted in Gouache Paint. was a fun project.

No comments:

Post a Comment